407PartyLink.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New B.LLoyd feat. Bobby Valentino

Go down

New B.LLoyd feat. Bobby Valentino Empty New B.LLoyd feat. Bobby Valentino

Post  djcaesar Thu Sep 25 2008, 09:59

As football season enters its 4th week, Brandon Lloyd aka B. Lloyd is making his mark both on and off of the football field in a major way. Each week Brandon puts in a noteworthy performance as a Wide Receiver for the Chicago Bears AND he has scored a break-out first single, She All Mine ft. Bobby Valentino, from his upcoming debut album, Master of Ceremony, due in stores February 2, 2009. The hit single was made available on iTunes on 9/23.
It is not often that a person has the opportunity to have, and fulfill, 2 separate and distinct career dreams but B. Lloyd may just be one of them. New to the Bears this season, Brandon, who knew he wanted to be in the NFL since kindergarten, was a 4th round draft pick to the San Francisco 49ers back in 2003 and also played for the Washington Redskins before finding his home in Chicago. Living out a career as a pro athlete might have been enough for most but Brandon's musical alter ego, who fell in love with Hip Hop after hearing Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff's Nightmare on My Street, also wanted to make music of his own.
Also recently drafted to fellow artist Renegade Foxx's Still Hustlin' Records label, B. Lloyd is poised to make fans out of doubters in the music industry too. She All Mine is currently charting well at Urban radio (Corpus Christi, Lexington, Shreveport, Jackson, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Tulsa, Biloxi, Augusta et al), and will soon be going for adds at Rhythmic, so although he has no intention of letting anything distract his focus from his football career, it seems that Brandon has every chance of pulling off a career with his 2nd love. She All Mine is B. Lloyd's musical reflection back on the dating escapades of he and his wife and he wrote it while the two were vacationing together.
"She All Mine is about a man who feels that his relationship with his lady is about more than the lovemaking." he shares. "I knew Bobby Valentino's voice would be a perfect fit for the song and he blessed me by being willing to grace the song of an up-and-coming artist. Not everyone is willing to do that."
What drives this young man to not only pursue with equal fervor 2 very challenging career paths, but to offer himself up to the derision that often accompanies sports figures who try to break into music? The youngest of 7 children, Brandon Lloyd gives all of the credit for his incredible drive to his parents.
"I knew I wanted to be in the NFL when I was in kindergarten." Brandon remembers. "I once got sent to the principle's office for saying I wanted to be a professional football player in class when the teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. The teacher said it was an 'unrealistic goal.' My Mom and Dad had always told me I could do anything I wanted. Just give it 100% and I can attain it."
From where Brandon Lloyd is sitting right now, it looks like they might just be right.

djcaesar

http://www.102jamzorlando.com

Back to top Go down